List Of Fresh Dissertation Ideas In Psychology And Criminology
The choice of topic for your dissertation determines whether you will have easy or difficult time writing. The easy ideas on one hand have been studied over and over meaning that they will not captivate you reader and therefore will fail to attract a good review. The solution lies in finding fresh ideas that would help you write a thought provoking paper. Here are some of the options to consider.
- Is the approach to war on terrorism leading to a rise in home-grown terrorists?
- Maximizing the benefits of confinement as a rehabilitation tool to minimize cases of repeat offenses
- The location factor in solving juvenile murder mysteries
- When law enforcers engage in crimes
- Understanding how people with special needs end up in crime
- Is the attention given to mass killing responsible for an increase in the number of incidences?
- Could domestic violence directed towards men be a contributing fact to the rise in social crimes?
- The contribution of the internet and other media tools towards a growing trend of copy cat crimes
- Can social media be an effective tool for detecting and abating crime?
- Are serial killers groomed at upbringing?
- Does parenting has any influence on the probability of engaging in criminal activities?
- Are religious scandals responsible for a declining moral standard and increase in criminality?
A lot needs to be done beyond finding the best idea.
- Pick the Right Writing Style
- Narrow the Idea to Something Manageable
- Begin the Writing Process
Like any other academic discipline criminology and psychology have specific writing styles. To effectively complete your dissertation, familiarize yourself with these styles and adhere to them faithfully. You may consult your committee, supervisor or search from other sources like the internet and your library.
An idea is amorphous and may be steered to different directions in the process of writing. After identifying the idea you wish to explore, narrow it to a topic that provides a specific perspective to be pursued. This makes it easier to research on.
With your topic at hand, begin the work of research and compiling your draft. You are allowed to begin with the body if the introduction proves difficult to construct. By the time you are through with the body, you will have a clear view of your paper and thus effectively introduce it.
Fresh ideas for your dissertation on psychology and criminology help you to create a captivating paper. Make the idea interesting because it will ease your writing process. Consult your supervisor should you experience difficulties.
Top 40 Good Thesis Topics For Psychology Students
The following is a list of topics that may be used by psychology students, as it is or developed further, for themes and scopes of dissertations, or thesis…
- Haptic communication: Non-verbal communication: Methods; Implications; Inferences.
- Intimacy: The interpersonal dynamics of romantic and platonic relations
- Projection: When we disassociate our problems
- Attention: Too much, too less, never good, it must be just right
- Behavior: A chronology of the perception of behavior
- Repression: It kills character, and murders a personality
- Suppression: How children do not manifest their fears
- Forgetting: The hidden link between repression and suppression
- Self restraint: An analysis of orangutans and their power to hold back
- Compassion: What drives it?
- Empathy: What drives it?
- Sympathy: What drives it?
- Dogmas: What binds us?
- Character: Effective ways to build character in young children
- Personality: The things that impede the complete development of personality
- Character and Personality: The fork that separates the two
- Sentimental regulation: Why we hold back our true feelings
- Relationships: The different types, and their implications
- Interpersonal Relationships: An analysis of the process of building a relationship at workplace
- Personality Disorders
- Pervasive Personality Disorder: PDD Revealed
- Histrionic Personality Disorder: Histrionics not just for theatre folk…
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Psychopathy: The cognitive science side of the coin
- Sociopathic Behavior: Is it environmental?
- Psychopathy and Sociopaths Personality Types
- Schizophrenia: The mind and the world inside the mind of a schizophrenic patient
- Schizoid Personality: The effectiveness of electro shock therapy in the process of treating the illness
- Histrionic Personality Disorder: A chronological analysis of the famous femme fatales in the last century
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Autism: An analysis of the term autism spectrum
- The Big Five Personality Traits: What makes An OCEAN od troubles engendered
- Serial Killers: A list of the most vicious serial killers known in the United States of America
- Learning: The process from the perspective of a three year old Chinese child.
- Knowledge Acquisition: How High Order Learning can revolutionize the process.
- Link of tradition and cultures in mental health
- Bridge between Anthropology and Psychology
- Neuro Linguistic Programming: A science or a pseudo science?
- Psychometric Testing Hypotheses: The evolution of stochastic methods for hypothesis testing