Research assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a research assistant, or download the research assistant cover letter template in Word.
As a research assistant, you pull information from a variety of sources to craft compelling evidence—your cover letter acts in much the same way. To be considered for top research assistant jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a research assistant, or download the research assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for research assistant jobs on Monster.
Research assistant cover letter template
Sometown, WA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
October 4, 2017
Dr. Rhonda Franklin
5700 Peninsula Ave.
Sometown, WA 55555
Dear Dr. Franklin:
I am writing to apply for the research assistant position advertised on Monster. I was intrigued when I read your report in International Journal of Oncology Science on the innovative use of nanoparticle-based therapeutics for cancer treatment, and would like to contribute to ongoing research in this specialty.
My background includes three years of professional research experience, including my current role as a graduate research assistant at DEF University’s Cancer Research Center and prior experience as a cellular biology research intern for XYZ Corp¾a world leader in cancer research and treatment.
At DEF University and XYZ Corp, I gained exposure to research in gene cloning and electrophoresis. I mastered various blotting techniques; performed complex, cell-based assays; and become skilled in the use of flow cytometry (FACS) technology to complete advanced cell sorting, cell counting and biomarker detection. In each role, I earned commendations for the quality of my research, including data collection, quantitative analysis and results interpretation.
My academic credentials include a BS in cellular and molecular biology and an in-progress MS degree in the same, which I expect to complete this summer. Technical skills include Python, R, MATLAB and Tableau.
Having lost family members to cancer, I share ABC Company’s mission to find a cure. I want to continue contributing to research efforts furthering this important cause, and would welcome the chance to join your team.
To schedule a meeting, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Research Assistant Cover Letter
Research Assistants work in various university departments and are mainly responsible for planning research projects. Typical tasks of a Research Assistant include leading pilot projects, doing fundraising activities, undertaking research on the field or in laboratories, updating findings records, and making sure projects are completed in time and within budget. Research Assistants are also required to update their knowledge and education in the field by attending academic events and completing regular training.
A sample cover letter for Research Assistant showcases the following qualifications:
- Having a degree in a subject relevant to the subject they will study
- Analytical thinking and research skills
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Knowledge of data entry and databases
- Oral and written communication
- Deadline orientation
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- Project management and program support
An example cover letter for Research Assistant focusing on similar skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Research Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Wilson:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Research Assistant position you have available. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with more than 8 years of experience in data collection and interpretation, I have gained solid research knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your team at Obsidian.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in conducting research and analyzing data in a detailed and scientific manner. Additionally, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research, allowing me to excel in both independent and team-oriented environments.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling as a Research Assistant for the Center for Biological and Ecological Research in Philadelphia, completing numerous field work research projects focused on identifying and evaluating the use of various plant-based elements to develop alternative medicinal solutions.
- Conducting in-depth research, analyzing findings, and evaluating policy and program issues to provide strategic organizational direction and insight.
- Key experience in organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Working effectively and collaboratively with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Utilizing superior organizational, leadership, and interpersonal abilities to provide an outstanding level of support.
- Possessing proficiency in various software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, as well as in statistics software such as STATA, LIMDEP, SHAZAM, TSP, and SQL Server.
My meticulous attention to detail—as well as my proven track record of supporting complex research projects—will translate into both dedication and diligence for the research work performed for your organization. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.